Cafe Team Member (Smoothie/Vegetarian Cafe)
|Title:||Cafe Team Member (Smoothie/Vegetarian Cafe)|
|Department:||Newburyport Retail Cafe|
Title: CAFE TEAM MEMBER
Reports to: Shift Leader, Assistant Manager & General Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional experience for all of our customers. Each employee’s primary objective is to show our customers such
outstanding customer service that they will want to return again and again because they feel cared for and paid attention to in a genuinely kind and warm manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet customers. Make all our customers feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform customers of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your customers will benefit from consuming.
- Answer questions about Revitalive smoothies, juices, bowls, soups, desserts and cleanse products.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers, enter orders in our point-of-sale system
- Stock Revitalive shelves with juices and retail products. Make sure shelves are clean, organized and presentable for our customers. Rotate stock as needed.
- PREPARE & DELIVER food and beverages from kitchen and smoothie station in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by manager assignments.
- Maintain clean service stations- soup, smoothie, hot & cold lines.
- Monitor and observe customers dining experience. Ensure customers are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be ready and willing to assist in various stations to ensure quick food preparation for customers.
- Be ready and willing to wash tables and keep dining area neat and clean
- Thank customers for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in any area as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the cafe as directed by the shift leader and manager.
- Be knowledgeable about product ingredients to better inform customers and be aware of allergens
- Consistently monitor and replenish products; prepare accurate daily prep list for the kitchen
- Perform opening and closing café duties as assigned by the manager – this includes setting up the store and cleaning up after the café closes
- Must have some weekend and evening availability
- This is not a seasonal summer position. Must have availability throughout the year.
- Must be able to communicate and understand basic English
- Must have a basic knowledge of food safety handling procedures., ServSafe, Allergen Safety Training. We provide training if not certified.
- Must have a general interest in plant-based nutrition, gluten-free cuisine, and healthy eating
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver boxes frequently weighing up to 30 to 40 pounds.
- Must have valid state issued ID
- Willing to be available to submit to drug screening, pre-employment assessment tests, and background checks
PAY RATE: BASE PAY + TIPS
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: