Cafe Team Member-Andover (Smoothie/Vegetarian Cafe)
|Title:||Cafe Team Member-Andover (Smoothie/Vegetarian Cafe)|
|Department:||Andover Retail Cafe|
POSITION: Cafe Team Member
REPORTS TO: Team Lead
Responsible for providing responsive and knowledgeable service to customers. This person in this position helps in the smooth operation of Café activity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet customers and act as Revitalive ambassador
- Advise customers on plant-based nutrition, and make informed recommendations
- Take food and beverage orders from customers, enter orders in our point-of-sale system
- Prepare & deliver food and beverages from kitchen or beverage stations to dining area efficiently and promptly
- Check each food order carefully for quality, presentation and accuracy
- Be 100% knowledgeable about menu item ingredients & be allergen aware
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of entire café, including dining area, service stations, counters, floors, café tables, bathrooms, kitchen to ensure provision of constant convenience and comfort of customers
- Be available to fill in any area as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Cafe
- Consistently monitor and replenish products; prepare accurate daily prep list for the kitchen
- Perform opening and closing café duties as assigned – this includes setting up the store and cleaning up after the café closes
- Assist other crew members whenever called upon to do so
- Carryout proper procedure on constant basis
- Demonstrated proficiency to read, write, and communicate in the English language
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic math skills, with some cash register operation or POS system experience preferred
- ServSafe certification and training in food handling and allergen safety, or equivalent is preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in service to community and others
- Prefer experience with plant-based nutrition, or an interest in healthy diet
- Customer friendly, service oriented, can- and will-do manner
- Food preparation and retail experience preferred
- Neat appearance, organized, and punctual
- Demonstrated excellence working on any of the following -- work, school, sports, or community-based teams
- Demonstrated willingness to accommodate and be open to change
- Must have a basic knowledge of food safety handling procedures
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, & safely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance. Anything weighing 40 lbs or more requires team lifting.
- Must be able to reach above shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, and bend often.
- Must be available to work flexible hours weekdays and weekends through out the year.
- Available to work in both our Andover and Newburyport locations is a plus
- Willing to submit to drug screening, pre-employment assessment tests and background checks
- Revitalive Café reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: