The person in this position will perform routine kitchen sanitation, dishwashing and food prep tasks under the guidance of the kitchen supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Food Prep: Portion and prepare food items. Cutting, weighing, peeling, cleaning, scooping, portioning food items. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen work station.
- Operate kitchen equipment, including loading/unloading food belt, juicer, food processor, dehydrator, compressor, & labeler.
- Sanitation and Cleaning: Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils. Wash, rinse, sterilize and dry dishes, pots, or pans, using dishwasher or by hand. Collecting used items from kitchen work stations. Maintain Ph & water temp logs. Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Cleaning Kitchen: including mopping, cleaning work stations, trash removal
- Assist supervisor in the stocking, loading, and retrieving items from other areas in the facility.
- Other cleaning duties and kitchen projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be able and willing to assume responsibility and work independently when supervisor is absent as well as be able to fill in various positions as needed.
- Work experience in a kitchen, with hands-on experience with industrial machines a plus
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Good work ethic. Punctual. Kind and considerate. Willing to help others.
- Able to to read, write, & communicate in the English language & have good math skills.
- ServSafe certification in food handling and allergen awareness, or equivalent. (Will train).
- Knowledge of gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and special diets a big plus.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, safely lift up to 50 lbs without assistance, reach above shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, twist, & bend often.
- Availability to work in shifts, including some weekends
- Willing to be available for physical and background checks
Revitalive reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability.